Getting old and going grey part 3

I’m updating you on the ‘going grey gracefully’ theme from a few weeks ago. It’s still happening..
So I got a terrible hair cut.
I hated it.
I was in pain anyway, so my face was ashen and well…it looked crappy.

You can see I had to stick an awful clip in it because the front kept going in my eyes.

The next cut was EVEN worse! Here’s me with my ‘look what the terrible hairdresser did to me’ face for the Daily Mail ha ha

And then I tried a trout-pout selfie 🙂 You can see how dark it is at the ends, still on this picture. It was killing me that it was all those different colours!

I’ve changed hair dressers since then and I’m much happier with it:

IMG_7189

You can see it’s getting lighter as they chop more of the brown out each time. I’ve asked them to keep the length but style it as it grows and I’m quite pleased with how it’s coming along. Eventually I will have shoulder-length grey hair! And I won’t need a wig at Halloween! 🙂

signature

See part 1 and part 2 of my grey hair diary here

6 comments for “Getting old and going grey part 3

1. November 9, 2015 at 11:57 pm

I would love to do this, I think yours seems to be blending lovely. My hairdresser said it’s all about the shade of grey you go and I can’t tell what mine will be it has been dyed so much!

• Mel Bridge
      November 10, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Yes that’s it! You just don’t know! Some of mines a bit salt and pepper still, but some of it is pure white. My nightmare is that I go fully grey then realise I hate it! Ha ha

• November 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm

…and if you don’t hate it you’ll save a fortune in hair dye, which would be my aim, haha.

• Mel Bridge
          November 11, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Ha ha! Yes! I was having to get it done every three weeks because it was so dark!

2. November 19, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I’m going through this too at the moment, not sure I will have the willpower to see it all the way through though!

• Mel Bridge
      November 19, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I’m not going to tell you it’s been easy, and depending on how naturally grey you are, photographs can be a bit of a shocker! But after (I think) 8 months I’m starting to like it. It’s a commitment though. It’s hard when family and friends offer to colour it for you! He he